Open call for applications: OCEANS President and Vice-President 2023 - 2024
The call for applications for OCEANS President and Vice-President is now open. OCEANS members are invited to submit their applications for the roles of President or Vice-President for the term 2023 – 2024. Apply until Monday 28 November 2022, 17:00 CET.
This is your chance to contribute to the continuous improvement and growth of the OCEANS network. Apply now to be OCEANS President or Vice President for the term 2023 – 2024.
Why apply for President and Vice President of OCEANS?
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the OCEANS network, learn new skills, gain valuable working experience, and build up your personal network with people from around the world.
Eligibility of Candidates:
- Candidates must be members of OCEANS
- Candidates must be a student or alumni of an Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility from an Erasmus+ Programme Country to an Erasmus+ Partner Country or from an Erasmus+ Partner Country to an Erasmus+ Programme Country
- Candidates must have a complete profile in the OCEANS Online Community, with their education history, their mobility programme, as well as their current residency location
- Candidates must have strong motivation and commitment
Duties and Responsibilities
The year-long position will require approximately 10 hours per week to lead and represent the OCEANS network both internally and externally. Besides the duties listed below, during this time, the President and Vice president are expected to attend the following meetings/events:
- Monthly calls with the Service Provider (online): 2 hours
- Handover meeting (onsite): 2 days in March 2023
- Board meeting (onsite): 2 days in May 2023
- Board Meeting & Annual General Meeting (onsite): 3 days in June 2023
- Board meeting (online or onsite to be confirmed): 2 days in November 2023
Find out more about the duties and details for the positions below:
Duties of the President
- Preparing the agenda with the board and presiding over the meetings of the OCEANS Board.
- Leading the preparation to establish the annual work plan of OCEANS.
- Coordinating the establishment of the OCEANS Statute and subsequent amendments.
- Shared overseeing responsibilities together with the International Development Coordinator for the overall development of OCEANS in Extra-EU regions.
- Overseeing with the Board the negotiation efforts with partner organisations.
- Proposing initiatives to be led by OCEANS and ensuring their timely execution.
- Overseeing the work of Team Heads and Deputy-Heads.
- Leading networking efforts and established partnerships with other profit and non-profit organisations for joint projects.
Duties of the Vice-President
- Providing the President with active support in leading the network and coordinating its initiatives.
- Providing support in preparing the agendas for Board meetings and chairing the meetings when the President is not available.
- Co-Coordinating the network advocacy actions.
- Co-Coordinating the establishment of the annual work plan of OCEANS.
- Helping to establish social networks within OCEANS.
- Overtaking ad hoc tasks depending on the strategic needs of the Network.
- Proposing procedures to ensure the most efficient way of involving active OCEANS members in joint activities.
How to apply?
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, complete and submit the following form for the position of President or Vice-President: Apply here
We are excited to receive your application until 28 November at 17:00 CET.
- After the call for application is closed (on 28 November at 17:00 CET), we will check the eligibility of the candidates for President and Vice President.
- Eligible candidates can promote their candidacy through the OCEANS Online Community from 01 – 07 December 2022. For this, a complete profile in the Online Community will be valuable, as it gives chance to the members to know more about each candidate.
- A town hall meeting is planned to take place on the weekend of the 03-04 December 2022.
- The election is expected to take place online between 08-12 December 2022.
- The successful candidate will be notified on 13 December 2022. If there is a tie, there will be a run-off from 13-15 December 2022, and results will be published on 16 December 2022.
The official mandate will start in March 2023 with a handover meeting in person and will last for one year until the next election. The former President and Vice-President remain available for consultation throughout the transition period (from the election until the handover meeting).
Gabriela Apolo on behalf of the Service Provider
Germany, Cologne, 18 November 2022