As the Commission service collects and further processes personal data, it is subject to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (Text with EEA relevance).
Context and Controller
What personal information do we collect, for what purpose, under which legal bases and through which technical means?
Types of personal data
Information can relate to the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- Contact details (e-mail address, city and country of residence)
The Directorate-General for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport (DG EAC) is in charge of the policy part of the OCEANS network. It is expected that more people who have benefited from EU funded mobility programmes in international credit mobility want to join OCEANS network. Being able to contact past and present beneficiaries enables the Commission to conduct surveys and follow their careers, thus assessing the impact of its programmes in the long term. Such assessment is both an obligation and a useful policy tool allowing OCEANS network to improve. It also allows registered users to network amongst themselves.
The legal bases for the processing operations on personal data are:
- Regulation (EU) No 1288/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 establishing “Erasmus+”: the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport (2014-2020).
- Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (Text with EEA relevance).
Who has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
Access to your personal data is granted to selected European Commission personnel and the contracted service provider.
How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is saved on servers of an external IT company acting as a data processor under contract for the European Commission (EC). The company shall act only on instructions from the European Commission; shall comply with the obligations set out in the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
In case you wish to verify which personal data is stored have it modified, corrected or deleted, please contact us using Contacts section of this website.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The data will be retained as long as OCEANS networks exists or until you decide to erase your data.
For any questions related to your rights, feel free to contact OCEANS network, explicitly specifying your request. Users can contact the Controller using the Contacts section of this website or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Any information relating to processing of your personal data is detailed in the register of the Data Protection Officer of the Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/dataprotectionofficer/register/index.cfm?TargetURL=D REGISTER
OCEANS network Service Provider: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline: +49 221 139319-0
(Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 18:00 hrs CET)
In case of conflict, complaints can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor http://www.edps.europa.eu
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
We may also use various third-parties’ cookies to report usage statistics of the website.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about the cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
(2) You can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Tracking enabled
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(3) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()". As a result, IP addresses are processed shortened, a person-relatedness can thus be excluded. As far as the data collected about you a personal reference, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data deleted immediately.