Originally when OCEANS was founded, the European Commission had designated that members had to have participated in one of several bilateral Exchange Programmes with North America and the Asia-Pacific Region, namely Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and the USA.
The reason was that they aimed at promoting better relations between their citizens, and improving understanding of cultures, languages and institutions. The programmes were designed to facilitate the acquisition of skills needed for the global knowledge-based economy.
However, in 2016 OCEANS opened up its membership to anyone who has participated in a credit mobility programme that met the following qualification.
1) You made an academic mobility.
- from an Erasmus+ Programme Country to an Erasmus+ Partner Country,
- from an Erasmus+ Partner Country to an Erasmus+ Programme Country
2) you received Credits for you study during your mobility (so called international credit mobility; ICM)
3) this mobility was financed by Erasmus+
You are also eligible for OCEANS if you are an Alumnus of the above-mentioned bilateral exchange programmes with South Korea, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the USA, which run till 2016, namely ATLANTIS and ICI/ECP.
So if you are eligible, then you can become a member of the community.
Become an OCEANer – Active Players wanted!
Our network has proven to be career-boosting, a platform for professional and personal exchange, and it is of course a fun place, too. We can´t wait for you to join.Check the Online community